Woman Ignites Stick of Dynamite While Trying to Light Candle During Blackout

More from: | Gizmodo UK |
0

A woman in the US state of Connecticut was severely injured earlier this week after mistaking a quarter stick of dynamite for a candlestick.

Officials said the woman’s residence lost power during a storm on Thursday night, ABC 7 reported. The family wasn’t able to buy emergency lights because their local home goods store was closed, but according to the officials they recalled how the tenants before them had left behind what they thought were candles. The woman, who ABC 7 reports is around 30, lit what she believed to be a candle. It was dynamite, and it blew up in her hand.

The woman reportedly injured her face and one of her hands, “including the potential loss of several fingers,” and

(...)

Read full article » http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/09/woman-ignites-stick-of-dynamite-while-trying-to-light-candle-during-blackout/


About | Gizmodo UK |

Gizmodo UK isn’t your average tech site. Sure, we love technology and gadgets, but like any good nerdlinger, we’re also interested in science and smart design. Everything around us has been influenced by these elements, and it’s our goal to tell the stories behind these inspiring products, and to keep you on your toes about what’s coming next.

Expect to see amazing architecture you’d trade your Wi-Fi connection for; spaceships that soar to new and unexplored solar systems; futuristic automobiles and oceanic vessels that would fluster even James Bond; military innovation and eyebrow-raising government farces, and of course, all manner of geek culture and toys.

»Twitter: @GizmodoUK »Facebook: @GizmodoUK