|More from: | Gizmodo UK |||
In 1997, doctors from Cleveland reported on a wave of infants in the area who had come down with severe lung bleeding – an illness that might have been caused by so-called toxic black mould.
In the winter of 1994, they wrote, at least 10 children developed these symptoms; one nine-week-old infant tragically died as a result. An investigation by public health officials identified another 11 similar cases between 1995 and 1996, with two deaths.
There was no clear biological cause for the cases, like a virus or bacteria, but the investigators noticed that the affected children all lived in water-damaged homes. And these homes were much more likely to contain a mould known as Stachybotrys chartarum. While the doctors were
Read full article » http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/11/how-mould-kills/
About | Gizmodo UK |
Gizmodo UK isn’t your average tech site. Sure, we love technology and gadgets, but like any good nerdlinger, we’re also interested in science and smart design. Everything around us has been influenced by these elements, and it’s our goal to tell the stories behind these inspiring products, and to keep you on your toes about what’s coming next.
Expect to see amazing architecture you’d trade your Wi-Fi connection for; spaceships that soar to new and unexplored solar systems; futuristic automobiles and oceanic vessels that would fluster even James Bond; military innovation and eyebrow-raising government farces, and of course, all manner of geek culture and toys.